2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & The Future
- Fitzgerald Contractors successfully resecure its place on Warwickshire County Council’s 2 year Framework Contract for Provision of Engineering Construction Works
- The company deliver two significant High Speed Two (HS2) schemes as part of the enabling works for Area North. The £7m Streethay Roadheads scheme in Staffordshire for client Laing Murphy (LM) JV and a £3.5m multi-utilities diversion design and build contract at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire
- Fitzgerald deliver a £7million scheme in partnership with Bouygues UK for Birmingham City Council involving the installation of high-specification paving with 12,500m2 of granite setts ethically sourced and individually laid by our skilled paviors, the scheme’s construction is one of Europe’s largest granite paving schemes undertaken in 2019. Our significant contribution was recognised at the Insider West Midlands Property Awards 2019 by winning the prestigious ‘Construction Project of the Year’ category
- We are extremely proud to recognise the loyal service of a number of our employees whose fantastic efforts have helped to shape our company and contribute to its success. In 2019 Chris Petford reached 27 years, Steve Jones has been with us for 28 years and our longest serving employee, John Dineen, to date has served an amazing 36 years
2020 – 2021
- Fitzgerald is awarded a coveted place on a first of its kind government 7 year construction framework. The company will deliver a range of civil engineering works for the Crown Commercial Services Construction Works and Associated Services Framework
- Fitzgerald are announced as category winners at Construction News Awards ceremony, seeing off strong competition to be named ‘Project of the Year (under £20m) for our Centenary Square scheme
- We are appointed to deliver two highways schemes for Sprint bus route in Birmingham, delivering both the A45 for Morgan Sindall and A34 Packages B and C for Transport for West Midlands – worth a combined £15 million
- The company is once again successfully appointed as contractor on the Black Country Framework Contract for Minor Construction Works
- The ownership of Fitzgerald Contractors is transferred into an Employee Ownership Trust, it will safeguard the future and independence of the company for many years to come
- Fitzgerald Contractors win a Merit Grade in the 2022 British Safety Council International Safety Awards – a staggering achievement of 27 consecutive years of winning this accolade
- Our A45 Sprint highway infrastructure scheme in Birmingham successfully completes, at a value of £10.7 million it is the largest scheme we have completed in the past 9 years
- The company continue to strengthen existing relationships with public authorities and private companies, adding to our client base by working for the first time with Wychavon District Council, IM Properties, TSL, Speller Metcalfe and John Sisk & Son
We are committed to finding safe, efficient and more sustainable ways to deliver our projects with the recruitment, development and retention of our highly skilled teams being central to how we will progress into the future.
The company are currently very well placed to play a pivotal role in the growth and prosperity of Birmingham, the Midlands and beyond, through crucial national infrastructure schemes such as HS2 enabling and main works, the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games and more.
Fitzgerald want to create a working environment for people to thrive and deliver operational performances that we can be proud of, and which contributes positively to the communities in which we work.